Annecy International Animation Film Festival and its Market (Mifa): the major international event for over 11,000 industry professionals.
Created in 1960, the festival takes place at the beginning of June in the town of Annecy, France. Initially occurring every two years, the festival became an annual event in 1998.
Annecy is the place of reference for animation in the world with the Mifa, the professional appointment for the industry, the Meetings and the Mifa Pitches.
In addition to the competing films projected in various cinemas of the city, an open-air night projection is organized on Pâquier, in the centre of town, amongst the lake and with the mountains. According to the topic of the festival, classic or recent films are projected upon the giant screen.
In 2019 Annecy saw 12,300 badgeholders registered coming from 92 countries, and 3,139 films competition entries.
This year, the festival will include:
- New venues, new theatres and 10 additional screenings per day starting from 8:30 or 9:00 am (at the Bonlieu Grande salle and Petite salle for example), creating the opportunity to satisfy a greater number of festival-goers.
- Morning screenings, useful for professionals wishing to attend screenings before meetings, early-birds, and of course animation fans!
- The salle Pierre Lamy opening its doors as soon as 7:00 pm directly after the Work in Progress.
- Two new cinema theatres that will programme the Festival: the Auditorium Seynod and Le Rabelais, Meythet.
- Exclusive and privileged admission to Bonlieu for all the screenings for Badge-holders.